PPO plays a policy making and co-ordinating role for the whole public procurement system. It is an independent unit within the Polish government. The President of PPO is appointed by the Prime Minister.
The key duties of PPO are:
- to publish the contract notices (provided for in the Act- Public Procurement Law) in the Public Procurement Bulletin,
- to prepare drafts of legislative acts on public procurement,
- to arrange appeal proceedings under the Public Procurement Law,
- to check the regularity of conducted procedures,
- to prepare training programs, organise and inspire training events in the field of public procurement,
- to maintain international cooperation on issues relating to public procurement.