The Public Procurement Agency was established on 12.03.2004 with a decree ‚Ññ56 of the Council of Ministers (published in the State Gazette from 23.03.2004) in accordance with the recently accepted Public Procurement Law (in force since 01.10.2004), which provides the establishment of a self-dependent administrative structure in this field. The activity, structure, operational rules and number of staff of the Agency shall be governed by Statutes of the Public Procurement Agency. The Agency is subordinated to the Minister of Economy and Energy and assists him in implementing the national policy in the field of public procurement.
The main priority of the Pubic Procurement Agency is to ensure the efficiency of the public procurement system in compliance with the principles of:
- publicity and transparency;
- free and loyal competition;
- equal opportunities for all candidates and brooking no discrimination.
The Agency is managed and represented by an Executive Director and is organized in the following directorates:
- ‚ÄúFinancial-economic and administrative-legal activities‚Äù directorate
- ‚ÄúMonitoring, analysis and methodology of public procurements‚Äù directorate
- ‚ÄúElectronic database‚Äù directorate